I want the firewall to ask me!!

Assistance with AVG Internet Security and AVG Internet Security Home Edition

Moderator: Moderators

I want the firewall to ask me!!

Postby vikas_toad » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:05 am

Previously being a user of avg internet security 8.0
the firewall would ask me whether to allow or block any app that is requesting connection to internet
example: i launch mozilla firefox avg pop up would appear giving the optoins allow allow for all block all etc

now after a long time i upgraded to internet security 2011
now whenever i open any application that requires internet connection...the firewall would simply allow it quting this on the pop up "a new firewall entry was created based on the addition to our trusted database ...."
i dont want that to happen....
what i want is the firewall should ask me to allow or block traffic of every instance of a program....

what i said above is what used to happen with internet security 8.0

what changes do i have to make so that the firewall asks me for every new instance of application rather than adding a rule and then always allowing it
my profile is set to directly connected to internet and as in 8.0 it was set as standalone computer...
vikas_toad
AVG Wannabee

Advertisement

Web Hosting

Re: I want the firewall to ask me!!

Postby sc123 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:53 pm

It's doing that because it's a smarter firewall, and knows when some things are safe and only prompts if it isn't sure. You should be able to go into the Firewall settings and tell it to prompt for everything, but I'm not sure where because I don't use it.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby vikas_toad » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:23 am

thank you for the reply but i already figured out what you suggested(figured that out before posting)
but i exactly can't find the correct option or set of settings for that....
this is exactly what i am asking
vikas_toad
AVG Wannabee

Postby grimreaper1014 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:25 pm

To get the firewall to ask you instead of automatically creating rules go to the firewall component. Then, in the list to the left select profiles. Finally, under trusted database usage click on use trusted database for your network, and select ignore trusted database from the drop down menu. Click apply and ok.
grimreaper1014
AVG Wannabee

Return to AVG Internet Security