I do'nt have Firewall under Tools

Assistance with AVG Internet Security and AVG Internet Security Home Edition

Moderator: Moderators

I do'nt have Firewall under Tools

Postby Rocksister » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:04 am

AVG 9.0, have had it almost two years, works seamlessly and doesn't bother me, great product, will buy again. However, I just changed browsers and suddenly can't access some web sites. Help file says I need to change some firewall settings by going to Tools in AVG's Interface and clicking firewall settings. I click Tools, but there is NO Firewall choice of any kind in the drop down. I thought maybe updating would help, but it tells me I am up to date already and have no updates to download. So how can I get this back? AVG's help itself tells me that firewall configuration is very important and I should do it, but I can't because there is nothing available. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(
Rocksister
AVG Wannabee

Advertisement

Start Your Own Webstore - Get a FREE 14 Day Trial of Shopify!

Re: I do'nt have Firewall under Tools

Postby sc123 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:20 pm

If you open AVG and don't see Firewall listed in the main window "Security components and status overview" then it isn't installed. You can download the latest version of AVG (www.avg.com/download) and do a repair/custom install to add it. However, it probably isn't the answer to your problem since you currently do not appear to be running the AVG Firewall.

Run Hitman Pro (linked below in my sig in Other Tools) and see if it finds a proxy redirect.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby Rocksister » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:33 am

Well as I said I have PAID AVG 9.0. If Firewall didn't install, it is the software's fault. I'm NOT a software or PC pro; I'm 55 years old and we didn't even have electric typewriters in high school. LOL So if it didn't install, it is AVG's fault. Will it cost me to do what you suggested? I looked at updating to 2011 but it requires a $40 fee, and I don't think I should have to pay that since I have several months left on my current subscription and already paid for THAT. I don't need 2011, I just need the components that were SUPPOSED to install on 9.0 when I bought it. I assume 9.0 had Firewall? I repeat, I am NOT a customer of FREE AVG, I paid full price. I know free does not have Firewall.
Rocksister
AVG Wannabee

Postby sc123 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:15 am

Rocksister wrote:Well as I said I have PAID AVG 9.0. If Firewall didn't install, it is the software's fault. I'm NOT a software or PC pro; I'm 55 years old and we didn't even have electric typewriters in high school. LOL So if it didn't install, it is AVG's fault. Will it cost me to do what you suggested? I looked at updating to 2011 but it requires a $40 fee, and I don't think I should have to pay that since I have several months left on my current subscription and already paid for THAT. I don't need 2011, I just need the components that were SUPPOSED to install on 9.0 when I bought it. I assume 9.0 had Firewall? I repeat, I am NOT a customer of FREE AVG, I paid full price. I know free does not have Firewall.

If you didn't purchase AVG 9 Internet Security Edition or AVG 9 Anti-Virus+Firewall then you wouldn't have the Firewall component. That's why I told you to look at the component list. My suggestion won't cost you anything, and your AVG 9 license will let you upgrade to AVG 2011 for free. You should always run the latest version of AVG so that you remain fully protected.
Regards,
SC123 - Founder, http://www.AVGForums.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Complete uninstall/reinstall method | Other tools to try | Search the forums!
sc123
Forum Administrator

Postby Rocksister » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:21 am

Really, sc123? 'Cuz when I went to the link to upgrade, it said $39.99. I have 9.0.901, and it says AVG Anti-Virus in the About drop-down. So I have no firewall protection? Bummer. I will look again at upgrading but I didn't do it because it went straight to "upgrade now for $39.99." It might have said $34.99, but still not free. Thanks.
Rocksister
AVG Wannabee

Return to AVG Internet Security